(This page will be where ASSIST announces any changes to our normal services that have been made in response to the Coronavirus.)
No multi agency drop-ins until further notice.
A joint decision has been made by ASSIST, City of Sanctuary, Citizens Advice Bureau and the British Red Cross to cancel the Wednesday multi-agency meetings until further notice. The Sanctuary will also be closed during this time.
ASSIST Clients can continue to collect their money at their usual times.
If an ASSIST client needs emergency help, call the Office on 0300 201 0072 or text/Whatsapp us on 07761 421 715.
About the Coronavirus
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus. Having contact with other people whilst you are unwell can spread the virus to others.
If you are an ASSIST Client and have at least one of the following symptoms:
- a new, continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours)
- a high temperature (you feel hot to touch on your chest or back)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
then DO NOT come in to see ASSIST.
Instead, it is vital that you:
- Get a test (by calling 111)
- You, and anyone in your house, should stay at home until you get your test result.
- Do not go to ASSIST, school/classes, GP surgeries, pharmacies or hospital
- Clean your bathroom or kitchen after every use
- Avoid close contact with other people
- Stay in a separate room to other people in your house
- Have food & medication delivered to you
- Do not have visitors
How do I contact NHS 111?
You can use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next. If you cannot access online services you can call 111 (this is a free number to call).
What will happen if I’m worried about my immigration situation?
All NHS services for coronavirus are free for everyone regardless of their immigration status in the UK. This includes coronavirus testing and treatment, even if the result is negative.
You will not be reported to the Home Office for coronavirus testing or treatment.
What can I do to help stop Coronavirus spreading?
- Make sure you wash your hands frequently, using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Follow advice about staying at home if you have symptoms
Other sources of guidance & support
Community Food Bank
This community foodbank is open to all. Simply text or call Faisal on 07594 690 436 to arrange a collection or suitable delivery time. Packs include rice, bread, butter, flour, pasta, toiletries, tinned items and much more.
Sheffeld Services available to Refugees and Asylum Seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic
To download a leaflet in English, Kurdish Sorani, French, Amharic, Arabic or Tigrinya go to the list of files at the bottom of this page and look for COVID support.
NHS guidance can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Translations of NHS and World Health organisation advice
Big Leaf Foundation have produced written translations of NHS and WHO advice surrounding COVID-19 in several refugee languages. You can download these resources from the Big Leaf Foundation website. They are also doing their best to provide translated updates each time significant new guidance is issued.
Coronavirus information on video
The Odils Foundation has provided videos of coronavirus information narrated in various languages ( Farsi, Arabic, Sorani and others). Go to https://www.youtube.com/user/opendoorsplymouth/playlists