How to make contact with us
If you are an asylum seeker in need of ASSIST’s support please come to our Help Desk at the drop-in at Victoria Hall on a Wednesday afternoon between 1pm and 3pm.
Use the main church entrance on Norfolk Street, opposite the Crucible Theatre. For a map showing our location go to Contact us.
So that we can help in the best way possible, we ask you to bring papers and documents to provide evidence of your status.
What happens next
An ASSIST volunteer will talk to you to find out more about your situation and your needs. We will provide you with initial support and direct you to other organisations here in Sheffield which may be able to help you.
Because of limited funds, ASSIST prioritises individuals with absolutely no other means of support...that is people with no financial support from other sources and no help from other organisations or individuals. We also give priority to people who may be particularly vulnerable, including those who are elderly, pregnant or unwell.
Our Help Desk is often very busy so please be aware that you may need to wait in a queue.
How we can help
- We provide a night shelter in a local church hall
- We arrange temporary accommodation in one of our houses or with host families
- We provide small weekly welfare payments for things like food
- We provide bus passes which clients can use to attend medical, legal and Home Office appointments
- We help people access other sources of help, including other charities, Food Banks (we sometimes provide Food Bank vouchers) and the Mulberry Health Clinic.